- What data is collected?
In order to dispatch your order we need specific data from you, for which you gave Expat Family Store permission to share this information with us. This data includes information such as your e-mail address, your postal address, payment information and details regarding your order. This information is vital in order to make sure your order is processed properly and is used for this reason only. You may choose to provide us with additional information via e-mail or private message.
2. Why is this necessary and how is your data used?
The collected data is used for necessary and legally binding requirements in order to fulfil your order, as well as for us to fulfil our duties and lawful obligations as a registered company in The Netherlands. This includes:
- Providing you with our promised services (e.g. shipping)
- If necessary, resolve disputes
- Providing you with customer service
- Comply to legal obligations as a company (e.g. tax registration)
- If necessary to comply to court order or other legal obligations
- Comply with the terms and conditions of Shoppagina.nl as a seller/shop owner
- Comply to Shoppagina.nl policy and user conditions
This means data is used for legitimate purposes that focus on providing and improving our services to you as a customer, which should not exceed your rights or interests. Thus, your information is being used to provide you with the by you requested services and include all corresponding obligations for us as a company and Shoppagina seller in order to legally meet and fulfil this customer request.
3. Is information being shared with third parties?
Data from customers is not being shared with third parties unless this is necessary to fulfil the service requested by the customer, or if this is necessary to comply to legal obligations as a company in the Netherlands. We only share information for limited reasons and specific situations such as:
- Shoppagina - If necessary we share information with Shoppagina to provide you with our services and to meet the obligations as established in the terms and conditions by Shoppagina.
- Shipping services - We share information with trustworthy and official postal services such as PostNL or DHL in order to make sure your order is being shipped properly your way. Only if necessary your information is shared with service providers that are necessary in order to dispatch your order and meet your requests.
- Tax Authorities – If necessary your information is used for tax registration and to meet the requirements of being established as an official company in the Netherlands. We need to fulfil the duties as a company in order to provide you with the by you requested service.
- Legal and Juridical Obligations: If necessary your information could be collected and used in case this is lawfully necessary for situations such as: (a) to respond to juridical obligations or government requests (b) in compliance to agreements, set terms and policies (c) to prevent, investigate and deal with fraud or illegal activities (d) to protect the rights, safety and property of customers, ourselves or others.
4. How long is data stored?
We only store personal information for the duration necessary to provide you with our services as stated in our privacy and shop policy. Please note this duration is also depended on the consequential administrative and legal obligations for us as a registered company. Tax Authorities in the Netherlands legally oblige us to store basic administration for the duration of seven years (fiscal retention). If necessary, information could be stored in the case of resolving a dispute or in order to maintain established agreements.
5. Your rights regarding your data
Your rights regarding your data are specific to the area you live in. In case you live in specific areas such as the EU you are entitled to certain rights regarding your personal data. While some of these rights are generally applicable, some of these rights apply to specific limited situations.
(b) Adjust, restrict or remove your data: You possibly might also have the right to adjust your personal information, restrict our usage of your information, or the right to remove this information. In case there are no exceptional circumstances (e.g. legal reasons or motivations to store your information) we will delete your personal information if requested by you.
(c) Objections: You may object (1) our way of processing parts of your information or you may object (2) receiving marketing messages after you provided us with permission to receive such messages. In such instances we will remove your personal data unless we have legitimate reasons to continue using personal data or if juridical reasons force me to keep using data.
(d) Complaints: If you live inside the EU and you are worried about our usage of your personal and want to express these concerns, you have the right to address your complaints at your local authorities for data protection.
Please note that objections to specific ways of how we use your personal data or a request to delete personal data might result in us being unable to meet and fulfil your requested services as a customer. Depending on the specific demands you request regarding your data this might affect the transaction and possibility of this transaction of the provided service.
Customers undertake to inform Expat Family Store of any change of address. As long as Expat Family Store has not received notification of a change of address, you will continue to be held liable for any items ordered that have been delivered to your previous address.
A cookie is a small information file that is stored on your computer when you visit a particular website or web page. This information can also be read out again. In this way, we can gather information about your Internet usage. There are all kinds of cookies, ranging from cookies that have a practical function within a particular website to cookies that person's browsing behavior across multiple websites can be tracked.
Expat Family store only use functional and analytic cookies to facilitate the use of our own webshop. Functional cookies relate to the functionality of our website and allow us to improve the service we offer to you through our website, for example:
- by allowing you to carry information across pages of our website to avoid you having to re-enter information;
- by recognising your preferences when you return to our website(s).
6. Contacting us
If you have any questions or concerns, you can send an email to email@example.com or send us a letter: Expat Family Store, Oostduinlaan 89, 2596 JJ The Hague